Curious about ways to get out and volunteer? Check here for updates on upcoming volunteer events that you may want to get involved with!
Tree Trust Learning with Trees Liaison
The Learning with Trees Liaison will act as a point person for schools who have participated in Tree Trust’s Learning with Trees program to provide them with expertise and guidance in tree care. The liaison will set up and help execute an individualize tree maintenance plan for the school through volunteer events and hands-on activities including watering, weeding, mulching, and pruning. Yearly time commitment will be a variable and will be dependent on the needs of the school. Anticipate an average of 25 hours per year and to be involved for 2-3 years with the assigned school. Currently, the following schools are looking for volunteers to fill this position:
- Lake Marion Elementary (19875 Dodd Blvd., Lakeville, MN 55044)
- North Trail Elementary (5580 170th St. W., Farmington, MN 55024)
- Raven Stream Elementary (300 11th Ave. NW., New Prague, MN 56071)
- Brooklyn Middle School (7377 Noble Ave. N., Brooklyn Park, MN 55443)
- Lyndale Community School (312 West 34th St., Minneapolis, MN 55408)
Position Description: Learning with Trees Job Description
Volunteer Application: LWT Liaison Volunteer Application
To find out more information and to apply, visit Tree Trust's Learning with Trees webpage to learn more!
Great River Greening - Volunteer Supervisor
Do you enjoy leading, teaching, and motivating others? Are you an experienced Great River Greening volunteer interested in taking on a leadership role at one of our restoration events? Do you care about the environment and want to make a lasting impact? If you answered yes to any of these, then sign up toady to become a Volunteer Supervisor!
Check out the How to Become a Volunteer Supervisor Flyer to learn more!
Minnesota SNA Site Steward
Site stewards are the eyes and ears for Minnesota's Scientific & Natural Areas (SNA). Stewards, working with guidance from SNA staff, assist in the goals of land protection, management, and education & research on a site they choose to monitor. Some tasks that may be a part of a steward's duties include:
- Regular visits to the site
- Reporting observations from site visits
- Learning about the protection and management goals for the site
- Participating in site projects and events
- Take a look at the complete list of steward responsibilities.
To learn more about how you can become a SNA Site Steward, visit the Minnesota DNR's webpage!